Sunday 29 March 2009

One week to go!

So, only one week to go till the big day. I'm in the middle of my 2 week 'taper' and have been feeling the benefits of the drop in milage. Less fatigue...more strength. Having said that, I did a 'short' 12 miles this morning (in beautiful sunshine!) and developed a niggle in my left calf, which has proved to be quite sore, so I've been hobbling around this afternoon. Hopefully some ice and an easier week this week will clear it up for the big day. I'm sure everything will be in order as we step onto the start line of the Champs Elysees at 8:45am (local time) on Sunday, April 5th!! I'm starting to get very excited about race day, and am looking forward to running the course with fellow marathon runner Julia, and of course seeing our many wonderful supporters along the way. Throughout the training, the aim of the marathon has been to raise awareness of pancreatic cancer, and raise as much money as possible for Pancreatic Cancer UK. A HUGE thank you to all of my sponsors so far. Julia and I have already raised over £1000 between the two of us, which is excellent news for the charity!

You can still sponsor me on: http://www.justgiving.com/jokirbyparis
Or if you'd like to read about the charity and what it's all about, you can do so on: http://www.pancreaticcancer.org.uk/

One week to go....bring it on!!!

1 comment:

Melissa Morwood said...

Good luck tomorrow, Joanna! We'll be rooting for you from sunny California ;)