Wednesday 5 May 2010

Time to Self Transcend

Last Wednesday Neil and I, and a host of CAACers headed down to the Meadows for the first of the Self Transcendence races. The opening night was a 5km. With it's many corners to negotiate, it's not as fast as the Edinburgh parkrun course, but I was hoping to get as close to my time there as possible. I tried to keep with Chris P and Gillian for as long as possible, but couldn't keep with their pace after the first lap - this one hurt!
Time: 20:06
Position: 4th woman
I was disappointed not to get sub 20 on this occassion, but looking back at last year's times, this is my quickest time for that course, so can't complain. Something to work on over the summer. Neil stormed home in a big PB of 21:14 - I'd better watch my back!

Training is now starting in earnest for the Dunfermline Half marathon and Edinburgh 7 hills, only 6 and 7 weeks away respectively. Kicked off with a long run around Holyrood Park on Sunday and a great track session last night. Blackford hill recce on the schedule for tonight. Keeping an eye on foot pain, suspect I might have plantar fasciitis, so podiatry appointment made.

No comments: