Monday 27 September 2010

5km / 10km Challenge


In January of this year I set out a few aims, one of which was to run sub 19 minutes for the 5km, the other was to run sub 40 1okm. Things have come together and I'm pleased to say that I can cross these two aims off the list with 18:58 at the recent Edinburgh parkrun, and 39:16 at Inverness half! Neil had a great run in Inverness too, chopping another 30 seconds off his time, and is now down to 43:03. Looking at the rest of my 2010 aims, I'm still not as close to the half marathon time I would have liked, so may try and get another half in before the year is out. Now, I've just got to get those extra 24 Munros I'd planned...!?!

I'm looking forward to a few cross countries over the next few months - starting with the East District XC Relays in Prestonpans this weekend. CAAC will be out in force!

No comments: