Wednesday 16 November 2011

Edinburgh Parkrun 12/11/11

It's been far too long since I last wrote an update in my blog. Hopefully that will change, as I have lots of exciting things coming up over the next few months.
But I'll start with my Edinburgh parkrun last Saturday. My running had taken a bit of a dip over the summer due to one thing and another, but I'm finally getting my running mojo back and getting some better training in. I thought I would test my level of fitness with a trip down to Cramond for the 5km time trial. It was a beautiful sunny morning, so I jumped onto the bike and cycled the 8 miles to the start. You can't beat Cramond promenade on a crisp sunny morning.
I started off at a fairly fast pace - went through the first km in 3:40. I wanted to start off fast and just see how long I could keep it going. I had a couple other girls around me which was good to keep me going. I could feel my lack of speed endurance in the last couple of km's. I usually start overtaking people at this point, but not today!
There was a sprint between me and girl from Portobello right to the line, complete with dip finish! Not sure who got it, but my delay in walking through the funnel to get my token meant I was given 3rd lady anyhow. Not that it mattered, as I was pleased to go sub 20, in 19:49. Something to build on in the next few weeks. I'd like to get closer to the low 19's before too long.
Susan and I have entered the Marrekech half marathon on January 29th (Susan the full marathon), so the training has begun.

No comments: