Wednesday 14 December 2011

Snowy Edinburgh Parkrun

I woke up on Saturday morning to a snow covered Edinburgh. My parents were up visiting for the weekend and so my Dad kindly drove me to the parkrun, as I don't think I'd have been braving the 8 miles on my bike otherwise. It was beautiful down at Cramond that morning. This would be my first running of the parkrun in snowy conditions. The field was somewhat depleted with only 87 runners turning up. The ground was a bit trickier to run on that usual, but otherwise conditions were good. I headed off at the usual pace and felt much stronger in the latter half of the race than a few weeks previous. I had a girl about 10m ahead of me in my sights. But turns out she started off a bit too quickly and I went past her at about half way. Tried to pick off a couple more people in the last couple of kilometres and felt strong. The time was a bit slower than usual, 20:09, but given the conditions, fairly pleased with that. My next parkrun is to be in the sunny south over the holidays, hoping to try Eastleigh parkrun near Southampton on New Years Eve.

No comments: