Friday 23 January 2009

Bishopbriggs 10K

It's been a little while since I updated my training / racing blog. So far 2009 has been going well for me in terms of marathon training. I still have no injuries (touch wood), and the odd niggles seem to come and go without causing too many problems. My longest weekend run is still only 15 miles, so I will wait to see how things progress over the next few weeks as I gradually increase the milage.

On Saturday January 17th, myself and Dan headed across to Bishopbriggs (just outside Glasgow) for the Jack Crawford 10K race. The weather forecast wasn't looking too good, with a severe gale warning for the afternoon in Western Scotland. Fortunately though, the bad weather just held off till after the event. The course followed the Forth Clyde canal towpath. A really nice route, although a bit narrow and muddy in parts. A hard weeks training meant that this race felt a bit tougher than usual, but I think the longer runs had paid off as the distance felt quite short. I came through in a time of 44:58 which I was very pleased with. My training plan has me down for doing a sub 47 minute 10k at this point to be on track for the 3:45 marathon - so far so good.

A big thank you for all the sponsorship I have had from so many of you so far for Pancreatic Cancer UK. This money will make a huge difference to many people. Many thanks. http://www.pancreaticcancer.org.uk/

No comments: