Thursday 15 July 2010

Back to the Meadows for 2 miles

After a fair old rest from running with my sore foot, I seem to have been making progress, and was pleased to have got round the Barrathon the other week. I have since made a comeback to track training at the club, and although still in a bit of pain, I feel I can keep on top of things with ice, massage and stretching. So, without further ado, I headed down to the Meadows for my first 2 mile Self Transendence of the year. Now, it's July, but nevertheless, it was pouring down with rain. Conditions were far from perfect for this first outing, but I thought whatever time I get this week, things can only improve the following week. A small but select crowd turned up for the run, including fellow CAACers Chris and BC, with Neil, Dean and Mike offering much needed cheers. I was a bit dubious as to how I would get on, but all things considered, pleased with my run, hopefully will get closer to my PB of 12:32 at the next attempt.

Distance: 2 miles
Position: 5th
Time: 12min 57s

Now having 2 days rest before this weekend's adventure - the RAT RACE!!!

No comments: