Tuesday 24 August 2010

Edinburgh Parkrun #4

On Saturday morning I headed down to Cramond with Neil, and a couple of Neil's friends up from London to have a go at the parkrun. It had been 5 months since the last time we did one, and with a frustrating summer of injury I was interested to see how I would get on.

I started off a bit far back in the pack and was frustratingly boxed in for the first few 100metres, but once I got a gap I managed to get in a good fast couple of first kilometres. They felt pretty easy, perhaps I hadn't lost as much fitness as I thought?! Neil was running just behind me, and I was pretty confident he'd be on for a PB today!

As we approached the corner to head back down the promenade, it became clear why the previous 2.5km had felt easy - it was the strong wind pushing us along which we were now having to run against on the way back. The next couple of km's were just a push to the end. I still felt fairly good, and was pleased to go sub 20, in 19:55 (4th woman). Neil was close with a big PB of 20:30. And Duncan and Sapna also both had PBs, so a successful morning all round!
Off to Falko for a German style breakfast and the morning was complete :-).
Now looking forward to the Perth 10k this coming weekend.

No comments: