Monday 18 June 2012

Two Castles 10k





The Two Castles 10k is a unique point to point run going from Warwick Castle to Kenilworth Castle. It is very difficult to get a place, as usually fills up a few days after entries open. However, a fellow Spa Strider was giving her number away after developing an injury and I was lucky enough to get the spot. On the morning of the race I met with Dawn, Charlotte and Trevor and jogged down from the club house to Warwick for the start of the race. It was a sunny morning, and although fairly early, we could tell it would be fairly warm for the race itself. There was a big contingent of Spa Striders. The course itelf was along the back roads between Warwick and Kenilworth heading up through Leek Wooten. It was undulating in parts, with the final kilometre including a short climb up to Kenilworth Castle. The crowds along the route were great. I wasn't really sure what kind of time I might get, but was hoping for something under 43 minutes. I went through the line in 42.11 and 10th lady overall so I was pleased with that. I hope to get my 10k times down over the course of the summer. Then it was off to the Almanac in Kenilworth for a cold drink and some cake.

No comments: