Sunday 24 February 2013

Return of the Blog...2013 awaits

My blog has been a bit sporadic recently, not due to a lack of activity, but rather a lack of time to write it. However, with so much to look forward to in 2013 and with being on the home straight of the PhD submission, I think it's time I get back to it!

The end of 2012 and beginning of 2013 has been exciting...both in the participating of events and the planning! Dan and I have been trying out a few parkruns, with Dan's times tumbling down since before Xmas. We've visited Walsall parkrun, Havant, Coventry and of course the local Leamington. 

At the end of Havant Parkrun (January 2013)
So tomorrow marks the start of my 16-week training plan for the San Francisco Marathon which takes place on Sunday, June 16th. I think the highlight of the race will be running across the Golden Gate Bridge! Lets hope the sun has come out by the time we get there, as the race starts at 5am! Dan will be running the SF half marathon (covering the first half of the course), and will too get to run over the bridge!

I will be documenting my training and racing in my blog along the way. This is how 2013 is shaping up so far:

3rd March - Silverstone Half Marathon (yep, we'll be zooming around the Grand Prix race track)
23rd March - Shipston Dip & Dash Aquathon (who will be victorious in Dan vs Jo when there is a 400m swim involved?)
5th May - Lichfield Half Marathon (hope to target a PB on this course if training is going well)
19th May - Hilly 100 (10 x 10 mile relay through the Cotswolds - Spa Strider ladies looking to retain the winners trophy).
16th June - San Francisco Marathon!!!

And post marathon...
4th August - Blithfield Triathlon (yes, Dan has talked me into donning a wetsuit and heading into Blithfield resevoir to swim 1500m, before cycling 40k and running 10k)

11th August - Help for Heroes Jurassic Coast Challenge (my yearly walking challenge with my Dad to raise money for Help for Heroes. This time it will be 26 miles of walking along the Jurassic Coast. A hilly one!)

31st August - Dan competing in 'The Vitruvian' - Half Ironman. I'll be supporting on this one, but looking forward to watching him complete this - amazing :-).

Right, I think that's all folks...watch this space!!

No comments: